Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New song

Sing a new song to God.

We see this phrase all over Psalms as well as conceptually throughout the Bible. What does that mean for us today?

As I seek to understand more about God, I'm put in this position between speechlessness and responsiveness. On one hand I'm craving something, something new. Something fresh. Something from my heart. But, more than half of the time I just come up short and hunting for the right words to say. I'm left with songs and scriptures filtering through my head that have been around for ages.

I can't help but be challenged creatively by these verses (sing a new song verses) but at the same time I've realized that 1000 year old phrases and songs can be new to my lips each time because of my heart. Because, they were new thoughts that sparked these age-old words. So, in my songwriting I want to push forward, but as I seek to Worship I want to bring the best of what I know as on offering of praise.

"Lord help me to continually praise You with new songs and songs that are coming from a new heart. Holy Spirit, I need You to continually work in me and I ask that You will give me more desire for You. Jesus, I want to lift Your name up. I want to bring You praise, because You are good and Your sacrifice was perfect." - Luke

"Sing a new song to the LORD! Let the whole earth sing to the LORD!" Psalms 96:1

No comments:

Post a Comment