Monday, May 4, 2009

Life is fast

Do you ever get those times when you realize that your life is happening way faster than you could ever keep up with?  I mean... It has almost been a year since we have been married. But it seems like it has only been a few months. I will admit, I don't remember what it is like to sleep alone and say goodbye every night. But seriously, life is fast. 

At the rate we are going we'll be parents before we realize we are actually married!  I love it. I'm convinced that all of our parents were right... they still did feel like kids. Ha. (mom and dad, love you).  I thought that I would know what it feels like to be a husband right away, like some magic trick. But, now I realize that we grow into that role.  

It is like our Christian life. We inherit a new identity when we become christians. We are pure, we are holy, we are children of God, ext. But, just like marriage, we grow and develop into those roles.  I am a husband, but I'm learning how that plays out. It doesn't mean that I'm not, just that I'm in learning what that all means. 

That is my goal, to understand, and share with others that we ARE holy, we ARE saints, we ARE forgiven!, we ARE adopted as children of God! Thank you Jesus!

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight". Eph 1:4

"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Col 1: 12-14

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God." John 1: 12-13


No comments:

Post a Comment